We are a boutique property law firm in London, specialising in landlord & tenant.
Whether you are a leaseholder, freeholder, intermediate landlord, RTM company, managing agent or any other party, we have the requisite expertise to assist you with all manner of non-contentious, residential leasehold property issues including leasehold enfranchisement.
As experienced litigators and members of the Property Litigation Association, we can also handle all court or tribunal proceedings related to enfranchisement or other landlord & tenant matters.
Recognised multiple times at the Enfranchisement and Right to Manage Awards (ERMAs), we are an award-winning, boutique law firm with a specialism in residential leasehold property.
Our leasehold enfranchisement department advises leaseholders, freeholders and intermediate landlords on a wide range of residential leasehold property issues including lease extensions, collective enfranchisements, right of first refusal and right to manage.
We can assist with various services including (but not limited to) the following:
- Freehold purchases and lease extensions of houses under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
- Lease extensions of individual flats and freehold purchases of blocks of flats under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Voluntary lease extensions or freehold purchases
- Right to manage claims
- Handover of management and post RTM acquisition advice
- Dealing with court and tribunal proceedings
- Advising landlords and lessees on rights of first refusal (Landlord and Tenant Act 1987)
- Providing strategic advice on property management and investment
- Advising on commonhold schemes
- Recommending and coordinating the involvement of other professionals (such as valuers or surveyors)
If you cannot find the leasehold service you require mentioned in the list above, just give us a call on 020 7963 8690 and we may still be able to help.
We are experienced in all manner of non-contentious, residential landlord & tenant work including licences to alter, licences to assign and deeds of variation.
We are also experts in litigation and dispute resolution, so we can deal with all court or tribunal proceedings related to landlord & tenant matters should they become contentious.
Our landlord & tenant department can assist with a wide range of licences, deeds and lease advisory services including (but not limited to) the following:
- Licences/consent to alter, including contested licences
- Licences/consent to assign
- Licences/consent to sub-let
- Deeds of covenant
- Deeds of variation (variations and amendments to existing leases)
- Advice concerning the extent of ownership under a lease (including for loft conversions)
- Confirmation of the extent of repairing obligations
- Advice on the terms of your lease
- Advising on and drafting standard Licence policies for block management
- Advising on RTM directors' duties and RTM companies' responsibilities pursuant to the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (including notification of the landlord as to breaches of lease or consents under the lease)
- Advising freehold companies on their obligations under the leases after the collective purchase of freehold by leaseholders
- Providing general advice for landlord and management companies
- Drafting agreements between RTM companies and landlords
- Preparing/drafting new leases
If the issue with which you need assistance is not mentioned in the list above, it is still worth contacting us because we may be able to help. Just call us on 020 7963 8690.
We can handle all court or tribunal proceedings related to leasehold enfranchisement or other landlord & tenant work should matters become contentious, including, but not limited to the following areas:
- All court or tribunal proceedings related to landlord & tenant matters (including statutory applications required by the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993, disrepair claims, breaches of lease and service charge disputes)
- Land registration disputes (e.g. leasehold encroachment on freehold land, Land Registry requisitions and restrictions)
- Tribunal appointed manager pursuant to Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Acquisition Orders pursuant to Part III the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Service charge arrears or contested service charges, when linked to any of the above areas (i.e. leasehold enfranchisement or other landlord & tenant matters)
- Landlord and tenant dispute resolution and negotiations
- Professional negligence (i.e. taking action against other professional advisors) in relation to leasehold enfranchisement and any other landlord & tenant matters
If the nature of your dispute is not described in the list above, please call us on 020 7963 8690 because we may still be able to assist. Even if your dispute is not something our Landlord & Tenant department covers, it is likely that our dedicated litigation team will be able to help. Either way, we can deal with nearly all kinds of property disputes in-house.
As a boutique firm, we are small enough to offer a truly personal service. At the same time, all our work is solicitor-led and we have the requisite knowledge and experience to successfully deal with large-scale and complex cases such as multiple RTM claims for large blocks.
Based in London (SW1), with offices on Buckingham Palace Road, we are well-placed to work with freeholders of large estates or high net worth individuals in and around Prime Central London.
As a multi-lingual team, offering services in a range of languages such as Swedish, Cantonese and Czech, we can also assist clients who are not native English speakers, who may be based abroad, and who own residential property in London or elsewhere in the UK.
We offer 30 minutes of FREE advice in the form of a complimentary, no-obligation, initial telephone consultation. Just call 020 7963 8690 or email us to arrange a suitable time.