The Companies Act 2006 states that a director must fulfil seven general duties including exercising independent judgement.
We advise on all 7 general duties under the Companies Act 2006, whereby a director must:
- Act within powers
- Promote the success of the company
- Exercise independent judgment
- Exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Not accept benefits from third parties
- Declare an interest in a proposed transaction or arrangement.
We can act for the company or the director when things go wrong regarding these duties.